Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Menu Display Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by EdSzoc, Dec 17, 2015.

1. EdSzoc

2. OhioTom76

Did you custom code your theme, or are you using a pre-made free or commercial theme? It's difficult to troubleshoot the issue without seeing a live site, and knowing what theme you are running off of.

If the theme was developed by someone else, particularly if it's a commercial theme, I am guessing this might be how the theme is set to display submenu's by default and by design. That said, there may be some theme specific options within the Wordpress Admin panel which will allow you to toggle how the menu operates and displays. If there is an options panel in the Wordpress Admin panel for your specific theme I would check there first. There aren't any options within the standard Wordpress Admin panel to toggle something like this on or off - it would primarily be handled by the theme you are using itself.

If the theme was custom coded, you would need to modify the CSS to make the sub menus invisible, then add another CSS hover class on the primary menu buttons to trigger the display of the submenu's on. There are plenty of tutorials on how to manually build CSS drop down menus, if you're new to this and doing this yourself. I cannot post links yet, but the web site CSS Tricks has a great collection of tutorials.