Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to Embed Video into Blog Posts

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by jonjacob, Jul 18, 2014.

1. jonjacob

I'm looking to add video into the blog posts that my wife is creating as she is really trying to integrate her presence on YouTube with her blog. Therefore I am looking for a high quality experience on site as opposed to a link to the YouTube channel that takes you to another window.

What I'd like to do is have it become almost like a lightbox feature if possible to really make the video standout. I haven't found anything amazing for this yet.

I've looked at: Stream Video Player Plugin, and JW Player for Flash & HTML5 Video but neither of these have that functionality. Any other ideas would be welcome.

2. themonk3y

I don't know of any plugins but have you tried embedding the youtube videos in to the blog. When you embed a youtube video it looks as if it is the part of the blog. Just look under your youtube video on youtube there you will see a embed button. Once you click it you will see an html code, just copy and paste the code in the text format of your WordPress post. It has been some time since I last did this so the steps could have slightly change.

3. jonjacob

I've embedded a youtube video into a regular app page before, so I have had the same experience with that process as well. Instead of a plugin, is it possible to change the page to allow you to use Bootstrap, and create a modal window?

4. SimplySidy

You would have to consult the theme support for this - read the documentation if they have one to find out if they support the Modal Windows and if you could use the videos on them. If your theme is not based on bootstrap framework (which I think is, because otherwise you wouldnt have brought up Bootpress), there is no way you can add it on a modal window unless you change codes of the theme.

If your theme also has s support forum or a tech support, try getting on to them for finding out if there is any code or shortcode that will allow you to put up a video on the modal window.