Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Pinterest Worth A Look?

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by rz3300, Jan 24, 2016.

1. rz3300

I am just curious to see if anyone out there has any ideas or opinions on Pinterest as a means of marketing. I have an account but I do not really use it all that much, but I do know that the site is full of colorful items and ideas that span a wide variety of topics and issues, so that would seem to me to hold a lot of potential for marketers and companies to advertise.

Maybe I missed the boat though...I am not sure.

2. swalia

3. JulianWilliams

It depends on what your website's niche is. Pinterest is largely visited by women, so you're better off if you have something that appeals to that demographic. You also need to have really good pictures because they really draw in more visitors. It's going to take some time to get enough people to follow you but it's worth investing in that platform.

jewelraz likes this.
  4. swalia

I agree! Pinterest is very good for cooking, DIY projects and similar kinds of blogs. Catchy pictures will draw more attention to your content.

5. rz3300

That is pretty much what I assumed when I asked the question, and really those are the things that I have found myself using it for, so perhaps those are the areas that it would really drive traffic for. Anything that really lends itself to images and promotion through logos would seem to benefit the most from the site.

6. VinayaSpeaks

According to some social media analyst, Pinterest will soon become number one source of social media traffic. According to social media demography, young people are the consumer of social media and most of the young people are concentrated on pinterest.

7. swalia

Pinterest and Instagram are the latest craze. Personally I find Instagram better but still I use Pinterest also extensively for sharing my blog posts.

8. VinayaSpeaks

9. swalia

Yes! Instagram is the latest craze. it's extremely popular among the youngsters who love to record every little detail of their lives through pics. I haven't shared my blog posts on Instagram, so I can't really comment on the traffic part.

10. jewelraz

Very well said! I have a Pinterest channel but I was not active due to time factor. From next week, I will be uploading new pins on my newly created boards.

11. johnniewalk

12. Kelli Jones

I am personally using Pinterest from last 3 years and gain good traffic on websites, blogs and articles. This also helps me in generating good revenues through Instagram pictures. So I definitely recommend you to create your personal board and earn like me.

13. kathy Johnson

14. joseleyva

15. kathreen