Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it still worth it to submit to article directories?

Discussion in 'Plugins and Hacks' started by Panda, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Panda

I have read an advice before that in order to improve your SEO, you need to submit to article directories. Is this still applicable today? Do you still submit to article directories? If so, what types of articles do you submit? Are they unique articles or articles that are already found on your blog? Do they need to be of high quality or is it okay to just submit low quality articles?

I'm asking this because I saw a wordpress plugin that allows you to use articles from The Guardian with the condition that you don't alter the content - the links and the adverts, etc. I wonder if this is doing well for the Guardian as it definitely would result to a lot of duplicate content.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. SimplySidy

Articles on Article Directories maybe dead as far as SEO is concerned, but yes, I do think about them as a long term investment. My concept is - it (article) posted on directories will get indexed sometime or the other and people will get to view it more often than your own website/blog. So if you can link up the article to your website, chances are, you may get some additional traffic.

3. craig1985

I do not personally still post to article directories purely because they are no longer performing as well as they used to. That being said, many people DO still use those sites in search of the info that they need so you would still receive traffic from them.

4. Khurram Shahzad

Hi all,
    Article submission or guest posting can never die. Though some people used it in a manner that is not good. But still it can be helpful if done in a legitimate way.
    It all matters about the quality of your content. If you write something in a professional manner, with the intention to help people, then it will really work for you.