Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I receive a lot of spam comments

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Panda, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Panda

Hey, I need help. One of my websites is receiving a lot of spam comments. I have activated Akismet and in the settings I indicated that comments should be manually approved. However, my website keeps on receiving spam comments from wherever and they keep on getting approved automatically!

What would I do in order for me to stop the comments from getting automatically approved?

2. ockham

You can stop comments from being automatically approved by going to Settings -> Discussion -> Before a Comment Appears and check "Comment must be manually approved" In fact I think the Discussion section has several options that might be useful. It also wouldn't hurt to include another anti-spam plugin. I use Askimet and Clean Talk.

3. Panda

Thanks. But as I stated, I have Akismet too but it fails to stop spam comments. It does identify the spam comments but they still get automatically approved. I have also adjusted the discussion settings and have set it to "manually approve" as I stated above. However, they still appear on my posts. :(

4. NWSheryl

5. craig1985

6. NWSheryl

craig1985 likes this.
  7. craig1985

8. Jonathan