Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am new to wordpress. So i need help in creating site

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by vellaikv, Apr 1, 2014.

1. vellaikv

2. StevendeJong

3. Jacob

Your question is a bit unclear, but I can answer a few questions that you had.

Two things that you have highlighted are advertisements. Advertisements are easy to implement in to a WordPress blog if you are self-hosted. A popular advertisement service is Google Adsense. You create an account on adsense.google.com, click on "My Ads" at the top, and then click "New Ad Unit". You then fill out the form with your personal preferences and click "Save and get code".

Once you have copied your HTML code, you can head over to your wordpress blog. Login to your blog, scroll over the "Appearance" tab, and click "Widgets". Scroll down until you see the "Text" widget. Click that, give it a title, and then paste your HTML code. You now have an ad on your website! :D

I believe you may have been asking how to implement a search bar, a navigation bar, and a "featured posts" widget. If so, please reply with more information and I'll do the best I can to help. :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Panda

Lol. That was hilarious. I went out of my way to look at the picture just to check it out. And he really highlighted a Google Adsense advert! Just as Jacob said, it's easy to put an advert once you get approved. The hard part is getting approved by Adsense. Anyways, the advert in the picture/website is placed in the Header. There's a plugin to do that.

Another thing that the OP has highlighted is the slider. There are themes that allow you to put a slider in the home page. Check out the Cyclone Slider Plugin.

5. themonk3y

Your question regarding advertisements has been answered clearly, for the featured post you can find there are so many free plugins out there just do some research and find a good one for your self. The plugin I have used in the past for an e-commerce website was ECT product carousel. There might be any new and better plugins available now. The bard which you have highlighted in the top, I think it is a feature in the theme where it allows you to create to menus one at the top and one at the header. Take a look at your theme if allows you to place a menu at more positions.

6. mustafa jamal

7. amybrownwpx

Hello Vellaikv

I am new in wphelp forum and I would love to solve wordpress theme, plugins and development problems. Your query is quite unclear so can please elaborate a little more so that I can understand your problem and give revert to you soon.

8. craig1985

Mafiashare is not the way to go in my opinion. These theme designers have put in a lot of work in to their themes which they sell. Mafiashare does nothing but steals them and stops that designer from earning from his work.

9. Khurram Shahzad

There are many other websites which provide themes for free and paid. It is better to get a paid theme. For this the best place is themeforest. Here you will find a plenty of themes.
    The best part of this is, you can easily get assistance from the developer of theme if it is paid and can easily modify it as per your requirements.
    Also in the picture you mentioned about the Google Adsense. There is also one very famous i.e. Infolinks. You can also put this into your website.