Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to promote your blog without bugging your friends and family?

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by syrktt, Jan 14, 2015.

1. syrktt

If you're a little shy when first starting out with your blog and don't necessarily want to share it with people you know first, how do you get people to see your blog? Is it just a trick of social media and knowing how to use it? Is there specific content people are looking for that would increase the traffic to your blog?

2. SimplySidy

If you can share it on your social network why cant you and shouldn't you share it with the people you know ? I never get this logic.

Well, there can be a lot of ways to get traffic to a website but it all depends on what kind of website you are talking about.

3. zenfive

I understand your point, and there are a few ways that you can promote your site of blog without spamming all your Facebook friends. One of the most important things is improving your Google page rank, which is the number your site ranks when one searches for a particular keyword that your site is related to. There are several ways to do this, just look in the SEO subforum and I'm sure you'll find a plethora of tools and methods. Another important thing is, as you said, knowing how to use social media to your advantage. Generating twitter followers through liking, retweeting, and posting about topics related to your blogs are useful methods to develop a following.

4. craig1985

5. Khurram Shahzad

6. nihalar

1. Post of various forum in your niche. Don't just add "visit my website www.google.com", you will definitely get banned. Add some value to the forum and try to add your link in signatures.
    2. Posting on Facebook groups can do wonders, and again post only to those groups related to your niche.
    3. The other social medias like reddit, twitter, stumble upon, etc might work too.
    Good luck with your blog :)

7. VinayaSpeaks

If you are shy to share your blog with the people you know personally, you can join groups on facebook or google plus and share your blogs on facebook/google + groups. If you have some money to spare,you can also do paid advertising. You can also follow blogs and start commenting and leaving your website address in your comment.

8. swalia

When I first started my blog, I was unsure of my writing and was shy of sharing my work with my friends. So I would share my posts on google plus and pinterest. Interaction with other bloggers is also a good way to draw visitors to your blog. As I grew confident of my writing, I started sharing my posts on all the social media networks.

9. OhioTom76

Viral content - I know this may sound obvious, but viral content doesn't always have to be some over the top crazy Youtube video or funny meme. It could be something as simple and practical as a unique cooking recipe, or some household cleaning trick. A popular blog I've been reading for years, Kottke.org, gained a lot of popularity back in the day due to a font the site's owner designed and gave away for free.

Writing about current news or entertainment topics is also a good way to grab new visitors. The sooner you get some post up about a current event that just happened, the more likely you are to rank really high for it without much effort, since there was no competition for that current event until it happened. Google Trends is a great resource for finding trending topics on the rise.

10. johnniewalk

11. hansel

12. joseleyva

13. kathreen

14. Naveen Bhardwaj

hii
    I understand your point, what you want to say. Your confidence will not build until you get good feedback on your blog. So firstly join groups, communities related to your blog and share your blog in it. Now sees feedback of people on your blog. If the feedback is good, then shared it with your friends