Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to manage Custom Form and template to a categorie ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by esmax57, Aug 29, 2017.

1. esmax57

Hi,
    I would like to personalize the post/static page contents to a corresponding category. That means that if a user want to post somethings about a Tennis Location , he will have a “Tennis Location” form. I guess that I will have about 20 categories -> 20 Formular and then 20 Templates ?
    What do you thinks that it’s better to use “Posts” or “Static Page”? Perhaps Post is better, the user can check about new Tennis Post ?
    I guess that I have to work with « ACF » for the form and « Custom Post Type » that’s means one CPT per category (but my Wordpress menu at the left will be full with all CPT) .
    After that I have to create 20 custom templates or 20 single-$postype.php?
    Another point is that the user can create a German or French post/page, is that ok if I use Polylang with Loco translate?
    Do you have a better idea to manage 20 Categories corresponding to 20 Form and 20 Template (the will will select a Category and then he will receive the form of the categorie and it will published with the template-categorie?
    (I can just use Free Plugin)
    Thanks a lot ( a Noob :) )

2. landyvlad

Do you need to collect different information for each category?

You mention tennis locations. Would you also have squash locations, swimming locations, that sort of thing?
    If so you could make a 'location' form and have the various - tennis, squash, swimming as drop-down in the form.