Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Link My "Home Page" to my domain page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Dean H, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Dean H

Hi Everyone

I created this profile because I simply can''t find the solution. I have a blog website, and my latest blog posts are my homepage. However, I want to add "Home" on the menu, so that when the user clicks it, it goes back to my home page, which is the latest blog page.

I just can't find the option to link my HOME page to my real Home page with latest blogs so that everyone can navigate easily.

If someone can help, I would really appreciate!

Kind regards,
    Dean

2. Joe Howard

Hi Dean,

Good question!

1. Go to Appearance > Menus

upload_2016-10-4_15-36-55.png

2. Click Custom Links
    - For your URL, you want to add the address of the homepage of your website
    - For Link Text, you want to put "Home" or "HOME".

upload_2016-10-4_15-38-30.png

3. Click Add to Menu and you're done!

We implement this exact method to link to our homepage in the top menu of wpbuffs.com.

upload_2016-10-4_15-40-27.png

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions: http://www.wpbuffs.com/contact-wordpress-buffs/

3. Dean H

Thank you so much! I do have one more question and I'll ask here so that I do not spam the forum.

I would like to highlight a text that summarize the content of the heading. Just like authority nutrition does it. For example:

Here you'll see the bottom line section at the end of each heading, which is in gray color. I right clicked it and went inspect to see the code and it shows it's blockquote. However, when I enter the code, it doesn't look like that, it looks like this:

Please help!

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      60.9 KB
      Views:
    • 222.JPG
      222.JPG
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Dean H

5. Joe Howard

@Dean H - We do this on our website as well! One example is on this post: http://www.wpbuffs.com/wordpress-support-forums/

upload_2016-10-10_17-44-46.png

Here is the sample code we used:

<div align="center" style="background-color:#F7E8E8;border: 2px solid #2CB7E2;width:100%;padding-top: 10px;padding: 10px"><i>Related: <a href="http://www.wpbuffs.com/seo-forums/">9 Top SEO Forums To Find You Answers to Your Toughest Questions</a></i></div>

You can change the background color, line style, line thickness, and padding as you see fit as well.

Hope this helps!