Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one write content that you enjoy writing that the public enjoys reading?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by syrktt, Jan 14, 2015.

1. syrktt

I am currently stuck in a rut where I know what I want to write, but I don't know how to write it in order to get feedback and encouragement from the public. I am struggling to come up with a solid idea that I would enjoy writing and that the public would enjoy reading. I am not looking for suggestions, but merely for a starting point. Where do you start when coming up with content ideas?

2. fliktor7

3. Sugarhill

Unless your idea or ideas are so incredibly narrow, then you should be able write on a few things where others would at least be willing to look at. The enjoyment level would have to be on how you approach the subject, but I've seen successful blogs on pens, paper and notebooks, so it can be anything, just do it well.

4. missbishi

The subject matter can be anything you choose. Anything at all, there is always someone else who is interested in it. Make sure your article is spaced out well - paragraphs were appropriate and correct word and punctuation spacing. This makes it much easier on the eye and quicker to read.

If I am really stuck for ideas, I check news websites. There is sure to be something there that I have my own thoughts and opinions on. And if I'm still stuck after that, I just post a few of my "emergency pictures" - interesting images that are sure to get a reaction. My advice, though, would be to try and build up a backlog of posts so there is always something ready should you be finding writing particularly hard one day.

5. pafjlh

Write about what you are passionate about. Especially something currently in the news. For example if you have a strong feeling regarding the flu epidemic write about that. If you have a strong view about the unrest in Ferguson Missouri write about that. In other words write about something you are passionate about and others could share you view. Something that effects many people, and take it from there. Usually when you write about something that interest you the ideas come forth.

6. craig1985

7. VinayaSpeaks

Sometimes I see people stuck with what shall I write about. However, it is good that you already know what you want to write. Now sit relaxed and make a note of the topics you want to write. Search the topics on the internet and read the articles on the similar topics. Look for the content, structure, form, length, presentation. What do you think is lacking in the article, note it down. Now research on the points which the article missed. Develop articles on that points.

8. djwphelp

There is a market for everything my friend. All you have to do is find it. I write kindle books and there is a reason why I do that - because I enjoy writing. But most importantly I write there because kindle is more profitable than a blog. I make my living via writing. I freelance, write ebooks and do a lot of writing in a day.

If you want ideas, just head over to the "NY bestsellers list" or to the amazon kindle books bestsellers list. I prefer the latter because it has more relevant content. You can see whats selling like hot cake and in which market niche. So if you know something about say pickle-making and currently ebooks on pickle making are selling, write about pickle-making techniques then. You'll enjoy it because its your area of interest and you know that there is paying reader for your content out there too because of all the ebooks in that niche that are already selling well at a certain price.

9. DebraM

A great place to determine if your topic idea (or ideas) are of interest to the masses is to do a Google search. Instantly you will see if people are interested; what information other people are offering; who are competing against and a rough estimate of the number of people interested.

Of course, if you are planning to write a fiction novel, then I would say the sky is the limit. However, if you wanted to market information online or otherwise, you will get great information from the search.

10. swalia

It's good that you at least have an idea what to write about. Many people get stuck on the choice of topic itself. Do a research on the topic you have in mind so that you have enough content to write about. Write a rough draft and then revise it again. Delete whatever you think is unnecessary. Edit and revise till you have the article you are totally satisfied with.