Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I add a second menu?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by mattrd, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mattrd

I used the menu option under appearance to add a top navigation menu. I want another navigation in my footer. so I created another menu, now I don't know how I get it onto my site... what code do I need to add to my footer.php file? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Hi Matt,
    Not knowing what theme your using makes it difficult to answer your question, but considering alot of themes only support one menu might be the issue.
    One way to find out where to manage/add and see how menus your theme supports is to log into your WordPress admin and go to the menus under the "Apperance" Tab in the left side of the wordpress.

Then select "Menus" and look for two tabs located at the top left side above that pages content that say: "Edit Menus" & "Manage Locations" Click on the "Manage Locations" tab.

If you see two locations, your theme supports two menu locations. These locations differ by theme and might be two header menus (one above the header picture/logo and one below for example, or they might be for one in the header and one in the footer.

Check your theme to see where those menues should be, then you can take it form there.

3. Anderson5