Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiring a ghostwriter

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by druid, Jun 27, 2013.

1. druid

Unless you're a super hero, chances are that eventually you will need some help with your content. One of the most important tips I can share about hiring a writer is to test a bunch until you find someone that can write with your style so it is seamless on your blog. What's your best tip for hiring a ghostwriter?

2. IurieM

Hi, probably you have to check his portfolio. You have to talk about your timeline and the process too.
    A good ghostwriter will be as discreet as a good doctor or a good lawyer.
    You may find a writter on sites like rocklance.com, upwork.com, freelancer.com and other freelance resources

3. VinayaSpeaks

There is always a risk associated with hiring a ghost writer. What if the ghost writer sells the same article to more than one people? You must hire the ghost writer only if you trust him. You can avoid being cheated by asking him to write articles based on your title and subtitles and publishing the article immediately . You can find good ghost writers on freelancing sites such as upwork.

4. rz3300

I was talking to friend recently about this and the whole time it was mostly filled with horror stories about what he had to deal with when he chose to hire a ghost writer. Just from that conversation alone I might avoid the whole situation, but certainly it is important to do as much research as you can when it comes to hiring anybody for anything. Make sure that the expectations are clear and written down.

5. djwphelp

The best tip is to try out as many ghostwriters as possible. Look, there is amazing talent out there. I have ghostwritten a few books myself, but I have to say that when I burned myself out, I too hired someone else to write content for me. And I was amazed at the quality of work that this person produced in less than a day. So you never know who might turn out to be your golden goose.
    Just try to get people to write content in a short span of time. Portfolios and resumes can be faked, but live content can't be. Give them a topic and ask them to write. That is what a lot of smart people do on freelancing websites before hiring ghostwriters. And many of them make a LOT of money using ghostwriters, as in 4-5 figure monthly incomes. (I can only guess by the tens of thousands of dollars they spend on ghostwriters)

Good luck !

6. swalia

I am not sure about ghost writers. How do you ensure that he is not selling the same content to others? It's always better to hire someone you know personally rather than hiring some stranger. There are many websites where you can hire a ghost writer but you must first ensure their credibility first.

7. jewelraz

I agree with your points. I have tried several ghostwriters but still didn't get a good one. At least I can get something in cheap. That's all it counts

8. Natalie Andersen

9. Sean Quinn