Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi This is khabbab

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by khabbab, Jan 14, 2015.

1. khabbab

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Hi Khabbab,
    Welcome to the forums!
    I saw your other post with the image from Google Webmaster tools and you were concerned about your links and the fact that you have less links showing now on your newly moved site than your old site had.
    As you mentioned, it's only been a few weeks and Google works at their own pace when it comes to indexing links and actually showing the number of indexed links, nothing to worry about there, I would just wait and not worry about it too much as it could be a while before all the "new" (renamed) links are indexed and showing.
    I wouldn't recommend doing much to make Google pay more attention to those links either, let it just happen naturally over time and concentration on running your site and making it better.

When your moving you website and for whatever reason, the new sites pages and posts are going to be different, I would sugest using a URL-Forwarding plugin where you would enter the original domain (URL) and then enter the new URL, this way Google is re-directed from your links that are indexed and is then sent to the new pages/post.
    This does several thing;
    1- It makes sure you have no broken links in Google's Index.
    2- It tells Google (and other search engines) where your new pages are, without losing any traffic.
    3- It gets your new pages/post indexed to the same degree the old URL's were, which is always nice :)

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions :)

3. khabbab

Thanks steve. I will wait, no hurry. Just to add, when i moved my website no page or post was different, everything including the post URL was same. I retained everything as it is. I put redirect from my blogspot address to my primary domain address.

BTW, i cannot see my post in the SEO forum, where did it go?

4. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Yup, I wasn't sure about your URL's and forwarding, but the same applies to waiting for Google to catch up. It could take anywhere up to 4 or 5 months. It's just the way it is unfortunately, but I have noticed lately that they seem to be re-indexing sites, especially authority sites or high trust sites quicker these days, it does really just depend on the site and Google.

Your post was deleted, not sure why, but if you want to re-post it, I'll make sure it's online. :)

5. Abigail1509