Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Naisie, May 27, 2017.

1. Naisie

I really need a bit of advice. I'm not a designer just someone who needs a website (that's the really short version). What I'm trying to work out is, is Wordpress easy enough for me to install and build my own site when I don't have coding knowledge? I already upload and monitor content for my sister's website that is a wordpress one. So I know my way around the backend of a wp site. It was initially built by someone else, uploaded to our server and then passed on to us. My family have their own hosting account so I don't want to pay for someone else to host my site as we already pay to have our hosting service. My sisters website is hosted by us so I know that wp works with our hosting service. I teach and want to sell classes via my website so need it to have an e-commerce plugin, are they easy to install? Finally, am I crazy to want to try this, I can't afford to pay for someone else to build my site so it's this or stick to my Facebook page!

2. yankov1984

It is not that hard to install and customize the woocomerce plugin, there are a lot of video tutorials on youtube about how to do it by yourself. The only thing i will suggest is to install a local host on your computer, install a wordpress and the woocomerce plugin on the local host and play around with it before installing it on your live website.