Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting mad with multi-language plugins - need your help!

Discussion in 'Plugins and Hacks' started by darjeeling, Feb 12, 2016.

1. darjeeling

Hello,

First of all, I am new to WP, this forum and my knowledge is quiet limited. Therefore my apologize if there are already similar topics in this forum.

I am getting mad with the multi-language plugins and need your help which one to choose!?

I have a Jupiter Website v.4.4.2 and I would like to make a second language by using a subfolder. I understand that the best option would be a multi-language plugin. I’ve tried to find some information on google about those plugins and basically the recommendations are Polylang, WPML and qTranslate-x.

So far I have tried the first two as they are for free:
    -Polylang: my website breaks immediately. In particular all saved theme options disappear. No way to fix it.
    -qTranslate-X: woks, but I am not sure how to combine it with SEO metas. Right now I am using Yoast. I have seen that there is a special plugin Yoast SEO & qTranslate-X but it looks like not really working.
    -WPML: I have heard that it is still the best option for multi-language sites. However it can have some negative impact in the page loading speed, besides it is really expensive.

I really would appreciate some help and options. Is it really worth to purchase WPML? From my point of view the functions from qTranslate are very limited. I also don’t know if it is possible to remove the language flags in the dropdown menu. If I use qTranslate, is there maybe another SEO plugin similar to Yoast which I could use?

Thanks in advance!
    Darjeeling

2. cortana

3. darjeeling

4. Lucy Barret