Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery won't add to a page- please help!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Beji02, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Beji02

Hi there,

I am new to wordpress- had someone develop my site and now I am trying to add a new page with a gallery and so far have wasted about 9 hours attempting it and cannot find anything out there to help. Most other articles etc seem to have buttons and things I dont.

Currently my pages that have galleries show a little photo symbol like this [​IMG] in visual and in the text area have the code which references nextgen and an id. I can't for the life of me find any id attached to the gallery I created so I can't copy and paste this code and use the id (unless someone can tell me where to find a whole galleries id- it's not in the url.)

There is no green box on my toolbar like some people have and no settings under the 'gallery' on the sidebar- there is click here for settings in each gallery but nothing happens when I click it.

When I go into insert 'media' there is an option to add a nextgen gallery but when i select the gallery i want to be added in the dropdown nothing happens, if I push select then it brings up all images and asks me if i want to post each individually. I've even tried doing it this labour intensive way but when it's published it looks all messy, the current ones are all nice little lined boxes until clicked on- even when they are portrait images.

Also one place mentioned updating or reinstalling the plugin- plugins are not in my sidebar.

I hope someone can help me with this as I am literally tearing my hair out!!! Thanks in advance...