Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front end

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by climberman, May 17, 2014.

1. climberman

I was going to make a web site to post up a climbing trip my brother and I are going on. I thought it would be fun to let other people post their trips on my site. Is that possible and what plugin's would I use and is there a good theme to use.
    Thanks

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

There are many themes you can choose from, that really depend on your preferences, one of the best sites I have found is ThemeForest.com I have purchased more themes from that site than anywhere else.

In regards to letting people post their trips on your site, absolutely, it's what WordPress does very well, you simply let people sigh up to your site as a member or an author and that gives them the ability to post content to your site. Their are other options and setting you'll need to set up and configure, but that wil depend on how you want it to function.

I would install WordPress and a theme of your choosing and play with it a bit as there are so many ways this can be done, there really isn't a simple answer to your question as you have so many options available to you.

3. climberman

4. Anderson5

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  5. Jacob

I really like this idea. Your website could be a place where people with a passion for hiking and climbing can come together and share their experiences, tips, or possible funny stories. It is amazing how people can come together through the power of the internet and bond through mutual interest with someone who lives on the other side of the world.

As for the registration of members, there are many plugins that can handle this request. You can choose which one suits you best here: WordPress ? Search for register « WordPress Plugins