Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Slider on Homepage

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Jszcura, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Jszcura

2. OhioTom76

I'm assuming you already have some sort of slider plugin installed, and you are trying to get it to display on the home page only? There are multiple ways to do this, but it also really depends on what theme you are using and what options it offers as well. Without knowing how your site is set up and what theme you are running, I can't really go into too much detail.

But generally speaking, most slider plugins give you options/settings to control where your slider is displayed, so I would check there first because there may already be an option within that plugins settings to only show the slider on the home page.

Another possible option is to display the slider via shortcodes on a specific page, then set that page to your default home page. If your slider supports shortcodes, then just get the shortcode for the specific slider you created, and create a new Page on the site, and paste that shortcode into the page content area. Then under Reading Settings in the Admin panel, select the option to set your home page to a static page (rather than the default chronological listing of your most recent blog posts). You can choose from the drop down menu that new page you created and it will become your new home page. As for the blog posts, you will need to create a new Page on your site for those, then go back to the Reading Settings, and from the drop down menu next to Posts Page, choose that new page as well.

Dono Nguyen likes this.
  3. Dono Nguyen

4. Mohammed Imtiyaz

5. Jonathan