Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in /home

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Penny Venhuizen, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Penny Venhuizen

This is the partial error message that I receive when I try to edit a page in WordPress through GoDaddy website:

Create Thread: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in /home....

I did create a PHP.ini file and upload it to my directory. (The code for the PHP.ini file is below). This didn't seem to work, in fact it caused another error. After uploading the code files, I uploaded, or applied changes, restarted my login and that did not work. I couldn't get into my WordPress app, so I deleted the PHP.ini file. I also went to the htaccess file and code I found on youtube, but that didn't work either. So I went back into the .htaccess file and deleted the codes I inserted.

I have also went through all of my themes, apps, pictures, etc. and deleted most of them.

Could this be a host issue with my host "Domain Control"?

Any advise on this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Memory_limit = 16M;
    Max_execution_time = 45;
    upload_max_filesize = 10M;
    post_max_size = 20M;

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

3. Amitkumar

Hi - Go to your hosting's cpanel and check php info section there whether this increased memory limit got applied to the hosting or not. Sometimes in shared hosting, php.ini changes doesnt get reflected. SO youhave to email your hosting support to increase memory limit inorder to resolve this.

Amit

4. Penny Venhuizen

Thank you Amit. I ended up calling my hosting support and they increased my memory limit. I appreciate you taking the time to help!!

5. Penny Venhuizen

WPhelp likes this.
  6. Amitkumar

Thats great. Feel free to ask if you have any questions further. Would love to assist. We have launched a free wordpress plugin for instagram feed, hope you will like it. Search for EVM Instagram plugin and you will find it.

WPhelp likes this.