Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR uploading database to live server! help please!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Smgy94, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Smgy94

I'm brand new to Wordpress. I created a local host site. I exported the database (gzipped) to my desktop, I then used filezilla to upload all of my Wordpress files to my /wwwroot folder (I can see them live on my hosts file manager) I then created a MySQL database on my hosts site. I then click to import my previously exported database and get this error! I've spent two days trying to fix this but I'm having no luck!

here's the error

#1273 unknown collation : 'utf8mb4 unicode 520 ci'

ANYBODY that can help please do! I'll buy you a coffee.
    Also if you could Explain like I'm 5 years old, that'd be great! thanks so much!

2. Luke Mcc

google this:
    phpmysql-error-1273-1273-unknown-collation-utf8mb4-general-ci​
    click on the 1st link, it should take you to a stackoverflow site, there's a fix on it that should get you up and running again.

and an explanation below, which was taken from another site, i cant post the link.
    Error 1273 means that your database is using a collation, which the MySQL server does not understand. This can happen, when you use a database, which has been created with a newer version of MySQL, with an older MySQL server version. This problem can be solved by converting the wrong collations from utf8mb4_unicode_ci to utf8_general_ci. There is a script on stackoverflow, which does exactly that.

hope this helps,
    Luke