Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e-Commerce Platform Information

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by jonjacob, Jul 11, 2014.

1. jonjacob

I have a website that I am switching over from HTML, CSS, Javascript using Bootstrap to WordPress next week and want to also integrate the e-Commerce site I currently have on Amazon Webstores. Does anyone have any suggestions for tutorials I could watch, or any informational sites I could leverage to make this integration a bit easier.

I have looked at the plugins available for e-Commerce and they seem relatively robust, but I really don't want to waste a lot of time redoing something if there is an easy implementation strategy already out there.

Thank you!

2. SimplySidy

3. jonjacob

I have begun working with the WooCommerce plugin, and picked up a couple of free themes, WooTique and Mystile. I also found a good tutorial on Youtube to make a store in just 2 hours. Thank you SimpleSidy for the information. I'm putting it to good use.

One question though, can I add categories to store...I ask this because it is for books and I want to make them in fiction/nonfiction/print and digital to allow people to browse different pages.

And, what payment gateway do you suggest, that works better with WooCommerce. I currently have Amazon and PayPal as avenues.

SimplySidy likes this.
  4. SimplySidy

Of course you can add categories and then these categories can have products. So definitely you can have Fiction, Non Fiction etc as categories and then have books added onto them.

You can also offer different prices for different media - say for instance you can have a digital version of the book at say XXX USD and then the Print Version of the same book can have another price and the options can be on the same book - use Variations on the settings for doing this.

As for Payment Gateways, Paypal is great and I should also say if you have multiple options add all of them to woocommerce as you never know who hops on to your website for a purchase and what option s/he has :)

5. jonjacob

I've actually had some more chances to play with the functionality and found the category listing for myself after a little while. The functionality didn't work exactly as I had thought, but I believe that this will likely just take a little time to hone.

Great, paypal is my favorite, but I would also expect to use Stripe.

Thanks for the info!