Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Alexa rank matter?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Panda, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Panda

Alexa is a website that ranks different websites. Currently, it ranks Google as number 1 and Facebook as number 2. Pretty accurate I bet. However, a lot of people say that Alexa rank does not necessarily provide correct results as the rank is just based on the computers with the Alexa toolbar installed.

My websites are ranked by Alexa but they're not really doing pretty well. I do try to work hard and improve my Alexa ranking as it matters to me. What about you?

2. DTracy3

I've never heard of Alexa before but I may gonna give them a try. I don't think that the ranking on Alexa is that important, since google is the search engine that you really wanna rank at, but like I said, I never heard of them before so maybe I'm wrong and it may be more useful then I think.

3. craig1985

Alexa does not have any standing when it comes to SEO or how your website will rank on search engines such as Google. The only time Alexa may even be looked at is when you are wanting to sell advertising space on your website. Some website owners look at the Alexa rank to see how popular your site is but in reality Alexa rank only changes if the visitors also have the Alexa bar installed. It does not count the average visitor.

4. Steve hawk

5. gaurav goyal

Alexa is a count of unique visitors on your website with page views for a seo alexa matter not so much but if you just update your site regularly and post some fresh content on your site so people have to see something new on your site and don't go without clicking on for a few more page, That is enough to get good alexa rank.

6. VinayaSpeaks

In the recent times,I see various websites giving much preference on alexa ranking. Alexa rank has become some sort of set standard to determine the quality, reliability and legitimacy of a website. If your website is performing well you will be ranked high by alexa.

7. swalia

8. cortana

9. johnniewalk