Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you stick to a set post length?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by missbishi, Jan 12, 2015.

1. missbishi

How long are your posts? Do you always try and write a certain number of words? Or are you like me and have articles of varying lengths? Sometimes the day's post will be relatively short, on other days, I will drone on for ages!

Do you think there is any benefit to having a set post length? I'd be interested to know what other bloggers do.

2. Jacob

It's not necessarily the post length that matters but instead the content of your post. You should always be sure to include important keywords relating to your niche and article when writing a post. Having good SEO optimization within your posts can generate you substantial organic traffic from search engines. It is also important to make your posts unique, write with your own style, and say what you want to be said. Don't just write articles to meet a certain word count or throw out another post due to lack of activity. Make sure your posts have quality content that you would be proud to show other people. This is what will make readers continue to read your blog instead of reading one ugly article and never coming back. In other words, don't focus too much on length, just make sure you have your SEO optimization and a quality post you are proud of.

3. tournique

4. pafjlh

I don't necessarily pay attention to my post length as much as I pay attention to the quality. In other words I try to make sure that I put my thoughts down properly. This to me is more important then how long the post actually is. The truth be told though I tend to have post that can still run over a hundred words. I guess I have a whole lot to say on a certain subject at one time.

5. craig1985

6. VinayaSpeaks

For me the topic decides the length of the post. If I am writing home remedies for heart attack, I can give best of me in 500 words. However, if I am writing "different types of cancer" I will have to write at least 1500 words to make the content useful and informative

7. cortana

8. swalia

I generally don't pay attention to the length of the post. I have written articles of various word limits. I write 800-100 words articles on hubpages but on my blog, I write posts of 400-600 words. However, I have a limited attention span and I like reading articles which are not too long. And so most of my articles are 400-600 words long.

9. Natalie Andersen