Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do plugins slow down websites?

Discussion in 'Plugins and Hacks' started by ellyjude, Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ellyjude

2. Dang Thai

3. Dono Nguyen

Wordpress is quite light comparing with many different platforms. It can run quickly despite of adding plugins. However, there are many cases when you choose strong extensions, which can cause your website to run slow. You should read the review before adding an extension.

4. ellyjude

Your advice has been helpful a lot. Are there other lighter options apart from wordpress?

5. rz3300

I would have to say yes in my personal experience. When I first started using plugins it was a nightmare because I was trying to do too much at once, but I did find that if you are smart and really think it through then it is possible to implement them smoothly. I think part of my problem was my host too, because it kept saying that the plugin would shut down and then need to restart, but it would be sluggish for some time after that. I might be in the minority though because I feel pretty uninformed when it comes to this stuff.

6. Richard Wickham

7. Amit Shah

8. jackluter

9. Paul Stanely

Jeremie likes this.
  10. Richard Dickson

11. rihab sebaaly

Using too many plugin can and will affect your website speed badly, there are heavy! however the use of the right plugins can improve your speed.
    There are so many plugins on the market that can help you optimizing your website, your database, your media and alot else... so be careful when choosing the plugins you are working with.

I have worked deeply on this subject and I know that anyone of us will be able to easily fix his/her website speed by himself/herself. I made a course on Udemy Platform that give you a step by step guide to fix your speed.

Check it under the name "Boost your website speed without any coding!" and let me know what do you think!

12. Naveen Bhardwaj

13. cherrysmith

14. landyvlad

It's pretty much all been said above.

But to be specific it's not necessarily the NUMBER of plugins so much as the efficiency of those plugins / how well they are coded.

Two or three light well coded plugins may effect the overall load time much less that one terrible plugin.

Read the reviews of plugins and take special note if a number of people are making comments that it slowed down their site...