Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people actually use Bing?

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by missbishi, Jan 11, 2015.

1. missbishi

Do they? I have been looking into Bing ads but have just realized that I don't know a single person who actually uses the search engine. 99.9 of my friends and family use Google. Is this representative, or are there a lot more users than I realize? I'd be interested in your opinions, to help me make the decision to use Bing Ads or not. Thanks!

2. Sugarhill

3. tournique

4. missbishi

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  5. tournique

6. Sugarhill

7. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

I'm fairly sure Bing is used by quite a lot of people, but your right, most dont but they are missing out on a very good low-cost paid traffic source that provides results at a fraction of the cost over Google.
    As mentioned above, I wouldn't just use Bing Ads, but rather ad it to other Paid traffic sources and see which works best for you cost-conversion wise.
    Some may find it's a perfect solution for them, sends them equally as good traffic and saves them money. ;)

8. Panda

This is the first time that I heard of Bing rewards! If I could get rewards from Bing just by using its search engine, then I'll use it every single day! Off to Bing I go!!!

"Bing Rewards isn't available yet in your country or region."

NOOOOO!!!

It's Google for life then. :p

craig1985 likes this.
  9. zenfive

I know that they often use Bing as the default search engine in a lot of schools, since they often don't install other browsers like Chrome and Firefox, and stick with Internet Explorer since it comes with Windows out of the box. It really seems that they've been trying to make it as much life Google search as they can.

10. nihalar

None of my friends or families use Bing. I don't see any reason why someone would use Bing when google gives you better search results, low spam and overall better design. Google just dominate the search world. Many people including me do not see Bing even as an alternative to Google, Google is so far ahead. I don't think it would be possible for Bing to ever reach the summit of the search world. Bad luck Microsoft.

11. ellyjude

12. VinayaSpeaks

There are many search engines and Google, Bing,Yahoo are some of the biggest players in online search. It is true that Google is used more than Yahoo and Bing.However, Bing and Yahoo still have social relevance. Indexing and search result preference for each search engines are different. For example, Google trusts dot org, dot, gov,dot edu, where as Yahoo and Bing give preference to commercial websites.

13. rz3300

Any time that you are dealing in a site where millions and billions are the standards, it is probably a safe bet that it is a worthwhile time to spend advertising. So the short answer is yes, people use it. They might not use it as much as Google, but again we are dealing in billions so the numbers are still there. The key is to examine the prices and see if you are getting your money worth.

14. OhioTom76

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that iPhones have Bing set as their default search engine. Not to mention, there is a percentage of society who aren't particularly tech savvy, and have no idea how to change their default search engine in their browsers or change their home page to point to something other than Bing, so many of these people will simply just use it because that is all they know how to do. In addition, as others noted, Bing offers a rewards program that some people may be trying to take advantage of. Even some more tech savvy people, who are trying to get off the Google grid, may be turning to Bing as an alternative as well.

Bing may not get as much traffic as Google, but they do get a considerable amount of traffic to the extent that they should not be overlooked. Back in the day, when Yahoo still had their own pay per click network, I would say roughly 25% of our PPC spend went to them, and just shy of 10% went to Bing (then it was known as MSN AdCenter), and the rest to Google AdWords. Now that Yahoo and Bing are partners in PPC, their collective share is larger, probably in the 20-ish percentage these days.

15. cortana

16. swalia

17. Jonathan

18. Linda Thompson