Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do anyone heard about this new ad blocker "Ablock Plus". Please share your views about it.

Discussion in 'Plugins and Hacks' started by 123andrew, Dec 23, 2015.

1. 123andrew

Recently my friends were talking about this new ad blocker " Ablock Plus". They have used it and have got satisfactory resullt. They were suggesting me to install it in my new laptop. But since I have never heard of it before, so i just wanted to know if anyone of you have used it please share your experience here.

2. rz3300

Anytime I hear or see the word plus on the end of something I do get a little weary. I find it interesting that they release two versions, and I have found in my experience that the companies that release one are usually a lot better and more well rounded. It does depend on what you are looking for though, and so all I can suggest is that you do your research before making any decisions.

3. OhioTom76

Ad Block and Ad Block Plus, despite having similar names and logos, are made by two different companies. Ad Block was the original plugin, then Ad Block Plus came along with some nicer features, but they also came under fire for colluding with some of the big ad networks to allow their ads to bypass the plugin in exchange for a payoff to them. I believe both plugins are taking payments from Google and other big ad networks, to not block their ads these days. There are some settings within both plugins to turn this off though, and continue blocking their ads.

Despite the outcry from publishers and ad networks, I think it's perfectly justifiable to use an Ad Blocking plugin these days. It's the publishers and ad networks own fault that people are using these. They did little to nothing to police the quality of the advertisements on their site, and as a result have been spreading malware and adware for many years via these ads, in addition to making an overall poor browsing experience for their visitors.

4. Paul Stanely