Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diy seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Raymond, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Raymond

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  2. Daniel

3. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Hi Raymond,
    You could hire someone to do SEO for you, but that can cost a lot of money as I'm sure your aware.

Here is a brief overview of what I do for my keyword reseacrh.

You basically need to find 2-4 relevant keywords for each page or post on your website and be sure to mention those keywords at least once in that pages content. (dont over do it, as stuffing your pages content with keywords could be seen as spam)

Ok, to find keywords that are relevant to your pages/posts I would recoment using Googles own keyword tool found here: Adwords Keyword Tool

Then, just enter the keywords that are relevant to the page or post you are doing the SEO optimization for, into the search window (yes, you should "ideally" do this for each page and or post on your website) and then select ither Broad, [Exact] or "Phrase" under match types, which I'll explain below.

I will use the phrase/Keyword: Mustang Convertables we are trying to SEO our web page for.

Here are is an overview of what each search type means:

- Broad: This would include any mention of the words contained in our phrase "Mustang Convertables". The words "mustang" or "convertables" such as "mustang horses" or "chevy convertable" are NOT relevant to our website on Mustang Convetables and therefore will produce the most keywords although many of those keywords would not be applicable to our website.

- [Exact]: This would only include related keywords/phrases such: "Ford Mustang Convertable" or "1966 Mustang Convertable" where the results have to contain the keyword/phrase (in this case) "Mustang Convertables". This doesnt produce the highest number of results, but the results will give you the most relevant keywords to choose from to optimize your website, or it's pages/posts.

- "Phrase": Is essentially a combination of Broad and Exact searches and contains all the keywords in order and may have other words ither before and or after the search term or phrase.

I wont go into a big SEO training in this post, but this an overview of some basic principals to start doing your own SEO and and basic keyword research yourself.
    Just be sure to be relevant and make your content read like something you would want to read all the way through. "Relevant" Quality Content is the Best SEO.

Give it a try, get used to the keyword tool and get a feel for doing searches for relevant keywords and you'll be surprised at what you can do yourself :)

Good luck and go get em!

Steven

4. akstgsb

5. craig1985

6. Khurram Shahzad