Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customizing Wordpress theme for client

Discussion in 'Themes and Templates' started by Cinnamon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cinnamon

Hi,

I am currently customizing a theme for a client, and although I sort of know how to do these tasks, they seem more complex than expected. They're using the 'Sahifa' theme, and the way it's coded is a bit different than what I'm used to.

I know there is a plugin 'External URL for Featured Images' but I can't afford to 'purchase' to use for this particular client. Any ideas on how to code this into the theme. By the way, I have no idea where to place the said code if I had it. On the homepage, there is a slide box (some special theme feature) and it includes posts of featured images displayed, how can the feature images open up into an external link?

Another issue, in the footer, there are 'Popular, Recent,, Latest' sections for example that are shown, how can I remove a particular category from showing in the footer?

If you would like to see a specific part of code, please let me know and I'll provide a pastebin link.

All answers and suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

2. amybrownwpx

3. msutafajamal

4. Khurram Shahzad

5. craig1985