Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customise Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by Netexchange, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Netexchange

Hi Members,

We have created a portal using WordPress and this portal is a membership portal that enables our customers to access their respective dashboards with their own username and password access to upload their own products at our portal.

We installed the Google Analytics plugin to obtain complete Traffic Analytics of the whole portal. Currently all members are viewing the Traffic Analytics for the entire portal. We need to customized the Traffic Analytics to display page views, bounce rates, new visits, unique page views, average time on page, user demographics etc only for each member's dashboard. Members should only have statistics of their own dashboard and not the whole portal.

How can we achieve this? Do we need to do some coding or is there another solution to this problem?

Appreciate inputs and advice from members in this forum.

Thanks and have a lovely weekend.

2. TIEro

It depends how the portal is structured. If each user's "dashboard", as you call it, refers to a specific part of the site (i.e. site.com/user1, site.com/user2 and so on), you can do it (I believe) by showing them only that data on Analytics. I'm no Analytics expert - in fact, I suck at it - so I can't guarantee that works, but it's likely, given the amount of control Google provides.

If Analytics doesn't provide that or your site is all-in-one, and their individual parts of it are all mixed together, you'll have to do your own tracking. An alternative would be to use a Multisite setup, with individual Analytics for each user's sub-site.

Without understanding the core design, it's kinda hard to say, but that's what seems to be right, if I've understood your setup properly.