Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyright Infringement

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Bargain, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Bargain

2. muller

I would still be concerned. Specially if the blog post images because personal photos are stolen all the time, and sometimes used for commercial uses. But besides watermarking them there is very little you can do to prevent someone stealing your images.

3. SimplySidy

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done against copyright infringement. Technically,yes you can opt in for some legal ways like register the trademark, get to Google Authorship or anywhere else. But then, say despite all this, one bad day you find that your content or other things are copied by someone right opposite your location (for instance, you in US and someone in eastern part of the world does this). So what are you going to do? Move to their place to file a legal suite? Even if you move to file the suite, you find that there are no Internet or Cyber Laws in existence at their place.

As such, there is nothing at the moment that can be done to protect your work. We are ordinary people and Not Multi Nationals who have legal experts hired full time to help out in such issues.

4. razelia

I've had a similar problem before where one of my .com domains was copied using a .net one (i.e. my someone made a website.net of my website.com). They also copied a few of my blog posts, and though they were getting a few visitors via my name, it wasn't enough. One day, the owner of the domain even contacted me, selling the domain to me. How much? $200. I wasn't going to buy that, so I just decided to let it slide and informed my visitors (via my main site and the social networks) that we're in no way affiliated with that website and that they stole the "name" from us. Telling via social networks works wonders. After a few months, the domain got abandoned. As a precaution, I bought the .net domain via NameCheap (for the basic price, of course. Not $200. Problem solved. Somewhat.

5. VinayaSpeaks

One of the easy ways to tackle copyrights infringements on your articles is by claiming Google Authorship. Getting Google Authorship means Google recognizes you as the writer of that article. However, plagiarizers have found ways to tackle this, they change the title, subtitle and first few paragraphs.You can also file Digital Millennium Copyrights Act. Tackling copyrights infringements on your articles is harder, however, if your entire domain is stolen, it is quite easy. Write to the host of the domain and state your case.

6. rz3300

I did not go to law school, but I did take a couple of pre law courses and I have to say that copyright law is actually quite interesting to study when you get down to it. I would never really want to be involved with a case personally because the details would drive me crazy, but reading about the landmark cases and how they apply to the law and the current climate is very interesting.

7. djwphelp

Copyrights are only infringed if someone steals your writings exactly. The idea is not anyone's to copyright as per law. This means that written content can be stolen, reworded and used for commercial purpose. So, maybe its your blog about your great grandma's travels that catches the eye of a movie writer. He can simply take your story and reword it because Ideas have no copyright on them. But, if he stole the thing verbatim or even with just a few words changed, he will have a lawsuit on his hands.

When it comes to photos, again things aren't as black and white (pun intended). Ideally, you want personal photos to stay personal.

8. swalia

I have not really taken any steps to stop copyright infringement. There is so much plagiarized content online and there is hardly anything you can do to prevent plagiarism. Nobody is going to copy your articles as it is. They can always make some changes here and there and present the same content as an entirely original one.

9. jewelraz

Google authorship still works? I thought Google discontinued that program.

10. Natalie Andersen