Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building content on your blog

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Raymond, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Raymond

2. akstgsb

3. goodreplays

I would write/create the posts myself. People follow and keep in touch with blogs because they like the person that is writing the content. If a guest writer creates a post in one's respective blog it would look as if the creator of the blog is lazy. And if your blog gets popular fast, then keep what you are doing !

4. jonjacob

I'd really disagree with your statement that a blogger is lazy if they have a guest writer, unless they do this extremely often and the guest writer has no real value; otherwise, this is a good way to bring alternative perspectives to the readers of your blog. In fact, if the guest contributors themselves have a good following this adds to your credibility overall.

The cautionary tale is to not overdo it.

5. calicer1996

6. Soulwatcher

I write all my own articles, simply because if you a trying to build a reputation on the internet. You can be know buy the website that has a ton of guest writers which 99% of the time the only thing a guest writer does is respin articles. Or you can be known by that person who writes really great articles. Ask yourself which reputation would you rather have?

Greg

7. missbishi

I do post the occasional guest article, usually as a swap with another blogger. Yes, the guest posts I submit and the ones I receive are always previous articles that have been slightly rehashed but if we have different readerships then it isn't a problem. Guest posts can be a simple way to take a bit of pressure off yourself but I wouldn't recommend relying on them.

8. tournique

9. zenfive

Guest posting can be a very useful tool for adding content to your blog and also driving people to come read your blog, since those guest writers will then also promote their posts on your blog. However, it depends at what stage your blog is and how big it is. For example, I doubt many people will want to start writing for a blog that has little to no readers, and it's even worse if you have more guest bloggers than actual readers.

10. syrktt

I write it myself, but mainly because I am still in the relatively early stages. However, should I get to the point of being able to hire content writers, I am still not sold on the idea. Writing is something I enjoy doing and currently, with the direction I'm taking this blog, it would not be as effective to have other writers. Should I decide to change the direction of my blog to something more public oriented and less personal, then that may be a different story! We shall see though, like I said, for now I am still in the early stages of solitarily writing for my blog.

11. fliktor7

12. zenfive

I guess it also depends on what kind of blog you are running, if it is something that is related to your skills or something that you are trying to do on your own, for example if you run a fashion blog, and want people to see your kind of fashion, then maybe asking other people to write content for you isn't the best of ideas.

So you have to consider what kind of content you are trying to build, and what kind of audience you want to grow for your blog.

13. craig1985

14. betcatalog

15. TheWPGuide

16. Dono Nguyen

17. betcatalog

18. Dono Nguyen

19. Sumeet Shroff

I too write the post myself. but i do not get the time...
    HTML, CSS, PHP, Wordpress, Magento is a ever changing technical subject that other bloggers cannot understand. Hence i need to write articles on them myself.
    My writing in english is not very good... but it is always worth a try.
    You will experience that if u write a blog yourself u will save a lot of time, and money. and can post it immediately.

20. VinayaSpeaks