Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog posts tips for photographers?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by muller, Jul 18, 2014.

1. muller

So I have a portfolio on a word press site and I would like to start blogging. But I'm not a writer and I'm a newbie when it comes to blogging and don't know where to start. Do any of you guys have tips about how to find blogging topics and how to write interesting blog posts. I'm more of a general photographer right now, I haven't found my niche yet. Do I blog about different topics? Or do I hold off blogging until I can refine my target audience? Thanks for the help.

2. Soulwatcher

Why not make a blog about the photos you take. Take pictures of things that interest you and write about what you took the picture of. I bet you will get a good following if your photography is good enough.

Greg

3. missbishi

Could you perhaps group your shots into themes? Show some of your best examples and write about why you enjoy that particular subject, how long you've been interested in it, or what sparked your love of the theme? It would be a great opportunity to get the right keywords in there too.

4. VinayaSpeaks

If you are a photographer and you want to blog, you can make photography your niche and blog about photography. Photography is a broad subject, you can drill down your niche, for instance landscape photography, portrait photography, cellphone photography etc.
    Let say you choose cellphone photography as your niche. You can write articles on:
    How to take a good selfie
    Best smartphone apps for photography
    best phones for cell phone photography

5. rz3300

I would just advise that you ensure that the photographs are unique in some way. That is not that say that they be limited to certain subject or anything like that, but there are probably already plenty out there and you need to work to make your photographs interesting. I really like adding an artistic touch to mine and mixing in some hand drawings.