Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best traffic generation strategies and tips

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by druid, Jun 25, 2013.

1. druid

I'm doing pretty well using social media to get eyeballs on my blogs but I know there are tons of ways to get traffic. I'd like to try some new techniques but I'd rather focus on the most effective strategies. How to you get the bulk of your traffic?

2. chocolate

It depends on the site. I have about 20 blogs live at the moment and am always adding to them. I use a variety of traffic generation methods, depending on what type of monetization is on the blog. I guess I'd have to say my biggest traffic generator is guest posting, overall.

3. Smith

4. johnsonlisa

5. akstgsb

6. themonk3y

I have not heard the term before and I did not know such a thing even existed Social media optimiztion. How do I get started with it ? Can you refer me to an article or a website ?

7. links123

Hi, If you’re running an online business then traffic generation should be one of your top priorities. Without traffic, you literally have nothing. If you know how to generate traffic on demand, you can make infinite amounts of money. Saying that – traffic is just one part of the equation – monetization is the other.

8. riyasin123

9. Mehak50

10. tournique

11. craig1985

Correct SEO will always bring you the best traffic to your website but other traffic strategies include:

1. Offer to write a guest post on a blog that caters to your niche.
    2. Use Trackback links when you refer to other blog posts. The best part is that a link to your blog is now included on their site.
    3. Manually submit your site to at least 100 web directories in order to receive 100 backlinks to your site.
    4. Find ezines in your industry that accept guest articles and offer to write one.
    5. Create a “hub” of unique content on Hubpages
    6. Comment on high-traffic blogs and include a link back to your site.
    7. Write an informational eBook and give it away on your blog or website in exchange for your visitor’s name and email.
    8. List your free eBook in popular eBook directories.
    9. Submit articles to offline trade magazines.
    10. Start a LinkedIn Group.
    11. Create a short Powerpoint that teaches a specific skill and post it on Slideshare.
    12. Create an informational product that someone else can include as a “special bonus” for the product that they are selling.
    13. Build a lens using Squidoo.
    14. Create a short and snappy signature and use it in all of your emails.
    15. Post in forums appropriate to your niche and include a link to your site in your signature.
    16. Send a free copy of your product to bloggers in exchange for a product review.
    17. Answer questions in LinkedIn Answers.
    18. Answer questions at Yahoo Answers.
    19. Create a course an add it to Learnable.
    20. Offer fun contests on your site.
    21. Participate in a banner exchange program
    22. Create a newspaper style format of popular Tweets using Paper.li
    23. Supply a testimonial for a product or service that you have used in exchange for a link back to your site.
    24. Place your free offer on someone else’s thank you page.
    25. Make a custom 404 error page for your website redirecting people back to your home page.
    26. Place your text ad on thousands of websites for free using Adsvert
    27. Start an affiliate program to get the word out about your small business.

12. ellyjude

Social media is the common way of getting traffic to your site. Other methods are not trusted by most people. Keep up the tempo and do not forget to include pictures while marketing your brand.

13. VinayaSpeaks

social bookmarking sites and forums are also a good source of traffic. You can share your works on social bookmarking sites such as reddit, stumbleupon etc. You can join forums and use your website address as your signature. You can also form a group and regularly check each others website.

14. swalia

Social media is a good source of traffic especially if you have a large number of friends and followers on social media sites. You can request your friends and family to share your links. Joining the forums and using your website links as your signature is another good idea which you can try.

15. betcatalog

16. rz3300

Just like with anything else it really depends on who your target audience or target market is. Wherever their eyes are going is where you need to focus your efforts on. Getting that information is the real part of the story, and there are several ways to go about doing that. When it comes down to it mostly you will have to focus on Google and Facebook and sites like that to really get some numbers, but knowing the specifics about your audience will help you navigate the big sites.

17. johnniewalk

18. Dipika13

19. Kelli Jones

If you want organic traffic in less time than check your website Onpage first because almost 40% traffic has come from that. And other through social media sites and Off page activities like blogs, articles, bookmarking, classifieds, listing, etc.

20. joseleyva

I always like that i will generate traffic for my money site from google search. That is why I like to rank my targeted keywords.I think it is the most important task in SEO. Longer content is more preferable to me as the cause it helps a lot. For more traffic you can go for a paid marketing like you can invest your money on Facebook adds, reddit, Ad words paid campaign etc.