Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress Meetups

Discussion in 'WordPress Resources' started by Sugarhill, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Sugarhill

Do any of you go?

If you don't know what Meetup is, it's a site that is pretty much nationwide now, but in your local city, people start groups of a common interest and you can attend to "meet up" with those people.

WordPress is a common interest for a lot of cities and I was wondering if any of you attended them? I found one in my area that I may try to start going to this year.

If you've gone to one or a few, what has been your experience? Is your local one well organized and informative?

2. Jacob

I have never gone to a Meetup before. Personally, I feel like any valuable information regarding WordPress can likely be found online and I don't see much benefit in attending a Meetup. I tend to have my friends outside of WordPress and leave WordPress for more business related tasks.

I could see the potential to find a potential business partner at one of these Meetups, so that could be a plus side. And I won't deny that you can't beat the personal connection made in person versus online.

3. Sugarhill

I think part of the reason why I'm interested in going to a Meetup is because my friends don't know about WordPress and if they do, they don't know about my sites. :D So, I think the situation is pretty much in reverse as that I'd rather keep what I'm doing online private until it becomes a success and even then, probably not.

The other reason a Meetup would help me is that I am a little more hands on, so if I can see all of what you are telling me to do or see how you fix an issue, I am more likely to actually get it. I think that's why I've worn YouTube out over these past few weeks.