Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress and Social Networks

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by faithful, Jul 12, 2014.

1. faithful

Do you connect your Wordpress to your Social networks? Like, whenever you post a new post, do you sync it to twitter and facebook? if so, does it help? Or does your blog have an audience of it's own, that it doesn't need traffic from social networks

2. SimplySidy

Many use Wordpress as a simple blog and then, many use it for websites too. Now when it comes to a website - normally they also set up FB Pages and even twitter and other social media accounts. Now with these set up, the good and logical way to advertise is to automatically sync your posts with these social media - so that the followers and fans get to know the new information. This helps to many.

However for personal or simple blogs, setting up a FB Fan Page or for that sake other social media pages might not be quite justified. Hence, it should be synced with whatever account you have.

On both counts, there are always good chances to gain some visitors - both returning and new - and this depends on your content, the people who are with you on the social media and how willing they are to spread the word.

Also, today, not linking up with the social media and not using their capabilities only makes millions of people believe that you are not that tech savvy and that definitely can be a limitation. And in my opinion, when there are mediums that you can use to market your blog or website for free, why not use them. You dont spend money, though you might spend a few minutes which at end may bring you better chances. :)

3. Mehak50

That will require a lot of experience. I can tell your doing it as good will, but it will cost a pretty penny and in the end be a failure.

4. tournique

Sure, social media has it's own benefits. Traffic ranking can skyrocket if promoted properly over facebook/twitter etc. But you will need lotsa visibility for that and maybe some paid ads. It never hurt to actually have your posts automatically synced with social media pages. That way, you will always have updates for your social friends.

5. missbishi

I always post each new article on Facebook and Twitter. It is quick enough to do and does seem to attract some amount of attention. Best of all, it is free. I've been thinking about incorporating Instagram into my blogging just recently too. If it's there then why not use it!

6. tournique

Yes, posting your articles on facebook and twitter is a good start. After that, try investing a little in ads and target a demographic. It should work wonders if you have a large social circle.

7. missbishi

I automatically sync my posts with social media too. Something to consider is the time of day with which you post. If an alert is going out on social media then it would be wise to have this happen at a time when plenty of people are online. Otherwise, you may find that your social media posts and tweets get "lost".

8. tournique

You should really consider syncing it. Not only it gives the possibility for more traffic income but for more recognition also.

9. VinayaSpeaks

I don't do this for the fear of spaming. However, whenever I publish a new post, I share on the facebook groups and google plus groups where I am active.I also tweet and pin my article.

10. swalia

I share all my posts on my social media accounts. I use twitter, facebook, pinterest, linkedin and google plus for this purpose. i also share my posts on my facebook pages.

11. jackluter

Social networking sharing is the best and easiest way to reach the more users in a short duration of time period.

12. johnniewalk

If you post your unique content in the wordpress it is better to share it in social media sites, because it helps to gain a good traffic for the blog post..