Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you adverise for free?

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by Mihaela12, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Mihaela12

2. Jacob

3. brandnew

It is definitely much easier nowadays to market a website than it used to be when I first started designing many years ago. I have Twitter accounts and I follow a lot of prominent designers whom I tweet and try and get them to re-tweet as they have a large number of followers. Facebook groups for your business is also a great avenue. I've spent a great deal of time on my Facebook business page trying to get likes and gain a following.

Creating videos on Youtube to promote is something I've also done in the past. Basically anything and everything. You have to be dedicated and slug it out for a while, and hit as many eyeballs as you can. Even Tumblr is something I've used. I actually really like Tumblr.

4. Athertle

I used to operate a forum. To promote it, I used ForumPromotion.net. I can't say that it actually worked, but it was worth a try, yeah? :D

For my general websites, I use Twitter to quickly get some flash visitors. This works quite a lot and I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.

5. limcid

If you can create interesting video content for your site, Youtube will definitely generate free traffic to your site. It will cost you time and effort but not money. Learning to create video content for your site is a very good way to connect your site to very high traffic areas like Youtube and other video website. The videos you create can include screencasts, news updates, interviews, product and software demos, etc., whatever's relavent to your niche and fits well with your site. If you can make the videos as episodes or some type of series, all the better.

Be creative and have fun with it.

6. riyasin123

Mike Pun likes this.
  7. Mehak50

Keep adding content to your website and search engines will bring you traffic. Submit your website to social bookmarking websites like digg, del.ic.ious, and propeller. Do a search on keywords similar to yours and see if there are forums and such where you can promote your website.

8. missbishi

Forum signatures (if permitted) are a great way to promote your blog. Obviously, you need to be posting in forums in the same area of interest as your blog, but I have had a fair amount of success in the past by doing this. Have you thought about using Instagram at all?

9. tournique

10. missbishi

11. tournique

12. VinayaSpeaks

13. swalia

Use social media extensively to advertise your blog. You can also request your friends to share your blog links on their timeline. Forum signatures are another good way to gain visibility. Writing guest posts can be another way of promoting your blog.

14. Dono Nguyen

15. jackluter

16. Linda Thompson

17. Linda Thompson

18. johnniewalk

19. DougMorrison

Well thank you everyone for post its seem that everyone has covered all the things I would have said.

The only thing I would mention has anyone written any books on your chosen niche? If so go to the library and every book you find in your chosen niche and put a post-it note with your URL in them.

Def targeted marketing at its best?