Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to put ads?

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by Raymond, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Raymond

2. chocolate

I put ads up immediately. I have never seen the sense of waiting until you gain traffic and attract readers, like many supposed experts recommend. I would rather have people accustomed to seeing the ads from the beginning, otherwise you'll get complaints and turn some viewers off.

3. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

If it were my site, I would first get the site's pages/posts indexed and I would then activate my ads. The only reason I say that is I have tried both methods and it just seemed to work better if I placed Adsense on my pages "after" they had been spiered by Google.

I have also herd that other people have placed Adsense ads right away and have had really good results on their websites.

So, I would say that it would depend on your comfort zone and I would also assume the more competative niches would vary the results greatly, so to air on the side of caution with all things Google would be my suggestion.

Hope that helps!

4. johnsonlisa

5. Soulwatcher

I have heard the same thing a lot of people say you want to put ads up right away and get people use to the idea of your website having ads. I am running wordpress and Xenforo on my website and I am only showing ads beneath posts on wordpress and Xenforo. Because too many ads will driver readers/members away.

Greg

6. SimplySidy

Unfortunately, Google Adsense things seem to work differently for different countries. When I was setting up the Google Adsense on my blog they had made me wait until I had got about 30 posts ready and they also needed my blog to be at least a month old. I dont know if this was due to the fact that I was creating my AdSense account back then or it was due to the new blog that I had set up.

Today, however, I do keep getting emails that say - Set up a Google Adsense account just for a 2000 INR investment - as such I think, they dont want you to wait. In this scenario, I would go with the others in Putting up of adverts on day 1 itself.

7. sparks

8. blackcoffee

Absolutely put ads up as soon as possible. The fact is that you never know what content is really going to catch on and go viral so you may very well miss that opportunity to capitalize on it. Let's say for example you have a decent following. Most of your views (and therefore ad revenue) are going to come down the pipeline in the first few days of you posting that content.

Yes it's true that you may have content that sustains and maintains a massive amount of viewership, but more often than not, most will come from when the content is new. And what happens if you post something that happens to go viral but you don't have ads up? You just wind up missing out on all that ad revenue right then and there. I mean, I can't really think of a reason to wait to throw up ads right away, unless they're impeding everything.

9. jonjacob

I've been trying to figure out this very question with the blog I had set up for my wife. We are looking to monetize it in a few different ways, so we have already set up an affiliate products link through Amazon, but ads are just as good for "no hassle" income.

From what I have seen above, her blog has already seen enough time and traffic to add ads, even by the stricter suggestions.

10. Jesterkins

Even though I haven't started my blog up yet, I would believe that people would want to put up ads as soon as possible. Not only will it help with making money, but it will also help new visitors to your blog get used to the ads like what chocolate had said. I know coming from a viewer, I wouldn't want to be on a blog and then, out of nowhere, there are ads all over the place.

Though, I do understand the point of view of waiting. If you wait, it will maximize your income from the ads. You already have established a visitor base and content on your blog.

So, I guess it can really go hand in hand either way. I think I'll put my ads up first on my blog since that is what I'm comfortable with it.

11. Mihaela12

I personally put my advertisement right away when I create the blog. I don't really know is it better or not but I feel like I'm wasting time if I wait till my content populates the blog.
    I'm impatient also so that's how I do it.
    Good luck with your advertising publishers! :D

12. calicer1996

13. faithful

14. Athertle

I usually put my advertisements onto my blog once I get at least 50 unique visitors (tracked by JetPack) everyday.

The reason for this is because if there are advertisements on your website as soon as it gets up, some of the early visitors might look at those annoying ads and, of course, be annoyed by them. This might lead to some valuable visitors leaving.

That's just my opinion.

15. teabwoi

I normally put them up immediately because I really do not see the sense in waiting to put them up because I just think that the longer that you wait to put them up the more harm you are doing to yourself. Think about this if you have a list of people that really enjoy your blog and then later on they see that you have added adsense to your website sometimes most of them would feel like you have betrayed them but if you were to have them up from the start then it would not come as a surprise to your readers when they see them.

16. swalia

If you are already approved for adsense then you should put up the ads immediately after setting up the blog. I see no reason to wait till you have a set number of posts or good views. However, if you have yet to apply for adsense then you should wait till you have enough content and a reasonable blog traffic.

17. cortana