Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to change admin password via phpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by fabthi, Mar 15, 2017.

1. fabthi

Hello everybody
    A subdomain of my website has suffered a malware infection which I have resolved.
    Before I sorted it out, both main website and subdomain admin pages were inaccessible as well as actual pages of main+subdomain were down (“Error establishing a database connection”).
    But while for the subdomain, as I said, I have been able to reset the admin password from phpMyAdmin and restore it, I have no way to achieve the same for the main site.
    Despite my changes of the password made through phpMyAdmin, the new generated pw doesn’t work nor I can get a password reset through the admin "Lost password?" option; despite putting the registered email address I don't receive any mail message with the reset pw link.
    Also, the admin page looks quite weird, not the usual WP look.
    What else can I do to restore access to my WP dashboard??
    Thanks to all in advance

2. fabthi

3. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

4. fabthi

Thanks, but I'd rather look for some help from the community before to pay for assistance.
    Can you be a bit clearer on what to do about the two possible issues you're describing?