Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter Marketing

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by akstgsb, Dec 25, 2013.

1. akstgsb

2. blackcoffee

Well the easiest way to use twitter for marketing is to simply...use twitter. Posting links to your blog is a great way to share them online.

That said, it's all about having the right kind of followers. Just because you may have several thousands of followers, that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be engaged with you on twitter and what's on your blog. I have a few thousand followers on twitter, but they really aren't engaged with me like that and it's almost a struggle to get a decent number of them to see what I've got there. So I think that expecting your content to go viral simply by posting a link to twitter is kind of a false assumption to make. Twitter isn't the whole package. It's really just one part of it. And depending on what you're posting it might not even be suitable to post on twitter.

You really have to understand the nature of twitter. That it's almost its own self-contained blogosphere. I personally don't like to be linked to stuff outside of twitter. Not because I don't want to leave but because it's almost a bit of a hassle. I have no idea what I'm going to. I have no idea what your page is like. I barely even like opening pictures within tweets. So really, if you want people to engage with you on there with your content elsewhere, you have to almost give them a reason to. Or at least build up trust with your audience that they're going to get something that's really going to grab them.

Really though, there's no one specific way to use twitter for marketing. I'll tell you that it's a lot like other websites though in that I see a lot of bad marketing happening there. People post random links and expect them to go viral without understanding why people are on twitter. In a lot of cases, it's a very self-indulgent atmosphere. If you can tailor your content to appeal to that, you have a better chance of it catching on.

3. Mihaela12

4. fivebyfive

Twitter marketing is a tricky area. As someone else mentioned it's a lot about having the right kind of followers but beyond that you need to have followers which "spread" your word by RTing you. So really the key to having a great twitter account, even if your goal is to market your business, is to come up with great and innovative tweets that everyone can enjoy. A twitter account's reach isn't just limited to the people that are following you. That's the beauty of Twitter. Anything you've said can be found with a keyword search or shared from user to user.

5. CncLuffy

6. craig1985

In the simplest terms possible:

1. Follow people who have the same interests.
    2. Tweet with related hashtags.
    3. Tweet links to your posts but don't spam or seem like a robot.
    4. Retweet other members tweets and they will likely return the favour.

7. Khurram Shahzad

Hi akstgsb,
    Well, it is really a very tricky question.
    The easiest way is that:
    Go to the groups related to your business. There check the list of followers and following. Mostly, people you find in that particular group will check your website and will respond to your post.
    Wish you the best of luck!

8. ellyjude

The secret of using twitter in marketing is to include relevant photos and videos with links to your site. Statistics has it that marketing with photos and videos accounts to 63% of traffic to a site.

9. VinayaSpeaks

Before you begin to market and promote on twitter, you need to have a good number of followers. Quantity matters, however, more than quality matters. If you have 10000 followers but do not get intyeractions, the number of followers is just a number. However, if you just have 1000 followers but you get comments and retweets and link visits, it is more important.

10. ellyjude

Twitter is not as popular as Facebook and that is why most companies do not invest more of their time using it for marketing. The issue of having a good number of followers is another reason why emerging companies would prefer Facebook to twitter.

11. swalia

Have a fairly large number of followers, preferably having similar interests. Tweet the links to your posts or anything else you want to advertise. But don't overdo it. Retweet other people's tweets so that they may also return the favor. Interact with others. You may also include photographs in your tweets to make it appealing.

12. rz3300

I think that Twitter can be a very powerful tool for marketing, but you do have to be smart when you use it. It can reach a very large audience, but the attention given to any marketing campaign is going to be really small and very short lived, so you have to ensure that it is well designed and able to capture the attention of those who you are trying to reach.

13. Linda Thompson

14. johanmakes

Twitter search or a tool like Topsy [or Followerwonk] to find like-minded prospects, customers and influencers/media by searching keywords that relate to your industry," says Stacey Miller, social media manager at cloud marketing provider Vocus. Then follow and interact with them on a regular (daily) basis.

15. IamM777