Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scraping

Discussion in 'General Marketing Discussion' started by Sharper, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Sharper

2. akstgsb

3. OhioTom76

I don't think they could ever get too severe with combating scraping, otherwise they may run the risk of annoying their actual user base. For example, these days if Google detects someone from a specific IP address is scraping data from their search results, they will put a temporary block on their IP address, requiring them to enter a captcha manually to proceed. If they started using this captcha for all searches all the time, it would probably drive many people away from using their web site, in favor of some other search engine that doesn't do this.

Also, Google alone cannot stop scraping, nor can they always detect when a user is intending to scrape a bunch of web sites. I could go to Google for example, and do a search on a keyword phrase I'm interested in ranking for, then jot down a list of the sites showing up, and scrape all those web sites with Scrapebox or Screaming Frog SEO Spider, and Google would have no knowledge of what I was doing.

4. Linda Thompson

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
  5. jackluter

Yes site scraping is a bad technique which is performed based on the competitors website through which competitor's page loading time reduces and lead to duplicate. There is a delay action taken against such sites which are violating the search engine guidelines