Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a plugin that will do this....

Discussion in 'Plugins and Hacks' started by thewebdesigncompany, Feb 21, 2017.

1. thewebdesigncompany

Hi, I'm looking for a plugin that will replicate the report that I was sent by Peugeot on my car.

I want to be able to build a form on a Wordpress website with my own specified fields, upload a video to it and save all the details to a database. I want the results to be output to html or to a wordpress page (in an attractive layout) and the link to view the page to be emailed to the customer's email address (that I will enter in the form).

Does anyone know of any plugins, premium or free, that will do this?
    Thanks for your suggestions

2. Dan Jordan

Heyo,

This sounds like a good job for the Types Toolkit (google wp-types).

You can create a custom post type with custom fields (you can also do this by coding it directly but the toolkit does some other cool stuff and will save you time.)

Basically, it's a suite of 4 plugins, from the same people who make WPML.

Types - Create custom post types and custom fields/taxonomies.

Views - Display the post types and create a layout. Also allows content templates, so, the individual page layout (the wordpress page you want) for the custom post type you made.

CRED - Create front-end form (or if this is just for you you can fill out the form in the back-end WP admin). You can also add a custom field to the form where you enter in the user's email, and CRED will send them an email when it's filled out,and you can customize the look and feel of that e-mail as well.

Basically, if I get you properly on what you need, this would work fine, and if you know a bit of HTML/CSS you can really do some cool things with it.

I've used it to create a bunch of databases and stuff for clients, and intranets. That kind of thing.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Dan