Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing WP Updates

Discussion in 'WordPress Installation' started by craig1985, Apr 1, 2015.

1. craig1985

Hey all, I am just wondering how many of you update as soon as a WP update is available and how many choose to leave it a while if at all.

For me personally, I tend to leave it around a month before updating just in case things don't work as they expected. On other sites, I don't update at all as I have fixed any vulnerabilities that the version had and it works perfectly fine.

2. Khurram Shahzad

Yes, you are right bro. Though it is best practice to update the software to avail the latest features. But sometimes new updates do not configure your previous settings and you may have trouble. So it is better to wait and watch the reviews of others.

craig1985 likes this.
  3. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

I would install an update as it it released. When WordPress "releases" an update, that update was actually released as a beta, which was tested quite extensively before being released to the general public, so those updates are quite secure and you are good to install them.
    There are security patches released sometimes and those should also be installed when WordPress releases them.

It's much easier to keep your WordPress site updated than it is to fix damage from a hacker that accessed your site because you have an outdated version of WP :)

4. ScrapsPaperGlitter

5. haider45678

6. placestovisit