Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much time SEO takes for ranking keywords?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by akstgsb, Jan 2, 2014.

1. akstgsb

2. Jasoneve

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  3. SimplySidy

Unfortunately there is no time frame on this one. As your site is relatively new, it would take anything from a month to somewhere about 6 months to actually get what you want to see. The most essential factor today is the keywords that you use and the keywords you want to rank up on.

If your only concern is the Page rank (which obviously is not) you would have to wait till Google updates it the next time. Normally it takes 6 months for this but then, they never tell you the dates prior to the updates.

4. goodreplays

joseleyva likes this.
  5. teabwoi

SEO could take a few days or it could take a few months. I have tried to learn about SEO before but I will tell you that I never could really understand it. I was wondering though would SEO still work in 2014 because I know that there have been lots of changes and Google updates and I know that they like to shut down the little websites.

6. calebmelvern

You will be jumping up and down the rankings during your first few months. People usually call this the Google dance. From my experience, I start getting consistent traffic on the third month. This also depends on your competition, of course. I tend to go for keywords for which the first page isn't dominated by big brands.

7. fivebyfive

The time it takes for your SEO changes to show up on search varies dramatically. I've had websites where literally in days changes I've made appear and sites where it takes weeks for something to actually show up. I even had one site remain at the top of a ranking for about 3 months after the site was completely gone, moved to a new domain.

If any thing it's important that when you set out to do SEO optimization you do it as well as you can the first time so that you are prepared for the wait and won't lose rank if there is an error or you figure out a better way to do something.

8. riyasin123

9. raytim

10. chennaiwebdesign

11. CncLuffy

12. gurami

13. corey13

It’s based on our website keywords as well which company does seo for our website keywords. For sure, some best seo company can give better result what we expect from them. Why need to I say, last time I got best seo services to my website from ARM Info-tech company. Before that I was promoting my site individually but I can’t take better search engine traffic.

14. Mehak50

There are many factors that can affect how long it takes for your site rankings to increase. Although search engines are constantly updating, they don’t update your link popularity as frequently. This happens about once every three months. In addition, all off-page work also has to be indexed and compared with the indexing of the on-page work on your website.

15. DTracy3

16. 123andrew

17. nihalar

Depends on the competition. It can take a few weeks (maybe even days if the keyword has very low competition) up to over several months. Keyword research is the most IMPORTANT thing in SEO. If you choose very high competition keywords, you will have to spend lots of money and time to rank. Once you choose keywords, next step is to optimise your website (website speed, content quality, internal links, meta tags, etc). Then the next step is to get backlinks, social signals, etc. Never ever buy backlinks from fiverr, 99% of them are fake and there is a high chance google will penalise you. Getting quality backlinks is the hardest part in SEO (google gets smarter and smarter, so buying backlinks gets riskier and riskier).

18. OhioTom76

It really depends on the types of keywords you are trying to rank for. Also, it's going to vary depending on the niche your site is focused on, and how competitive that is. If you are running a site about something really specific such as cookbooks for kids, that would be far less competitive than running a web site which is selling auto insurance, which is a far more competitive space.

If you have come up with some unique product or service, with a unique brand name, you could start showing up high in the SERPs within days, if not hours, of your site getting indexed. If it's some unique brand name like "shamwow", then of course your site would rank at the top quickly, since there was no competition for that word to begin with.

If you are trying to show up for more generic keyword phrases related to your industry, the higher the search volume, the tougher it will be to rank for a given keyword. So trying to rank for "golf clubs" is going to be a lot tougher than trying to rank for something like "best golf clubs for beginners". You should come up with a list of keywords that you would ideally like to rank for, but they should also be keywords which you reasonably stand a chance of getting first page rankings for as well. Generally I would stick to phrases that are 3 words or longer, one or two word phrases are almost impossible to rank for unless you're a well established web site.

Something else I've observed is that when you launch a new web site, and Google discovers it for the first time, they may artificially start ranking you for various keyword phrases, just to test out how your site would perform in higher positions. This is normal, and you might see a small spurt in traffic initially, only to see it drop off in a few days. Google is constantly testing out their SERP's, particularly in lower positions, rotating what sites are showing up in their search results for a given position.

19. jewelraz

20. VinayaSpeaks