Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop my timeline jumping to most recent tweets?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Ziggy49, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Ziggy49

This is driving me crazy! I'm browsing my timeline, and find an interesting tweet. I click on it to read any replies, decide I'd like to comment or whatever, come out of it back to my timeline, and WHAM, my timeline jumps to the top/latest tweets, and I've lost the tweet I was wanting to contribute to!!!
    I find this behaviour really annoying, and quite frankly downright rude!! Surely, if this is a default setting, then I must be able to alter it to behave the way I want my timeline to behave?
    I don't WANT my timeline to jump to the latest tweet! If I want to go to the latest tweet, then I can do that myself!!
    I know there are other twitter clients out there that don't have this annoying habit, and I've tried nearly all of them, from time to time, but apart from this irritating facet, I quite like the Twitter client.
    Any help/suggstions gratefully received guys!....

p.s. I have a friend, who doesn't suffer from this problem, but that's on an iphone, my phone is an android, if that makes any di

2. Ziggy49

Surely I'm not the only one suffering from this problem? Or is everyone quite happy to put up with behaviour like this?
    Someone.....anyone?

3. sharatharadhya

As soon as you hit the back button start scrolling. The page takes some time to realise that it need to show the latest tweets. So you have to be quick with your action. Even I thought there is something wrong with my phone that makes the tweets go to the latest tweet from where you are reading. And I thought that this only happened with my phone.

4. VinayaSpeaks

This happens to everyone. Social networking sites such as facebook and twitter are programmed in a way to show the latest feed. If you want to find the post,you will have to scroll down.