Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please - Changing page title listed in dashboard without effecting the actual web page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by hedge15, Apr 15, 2017.

1. hedge15

This should be simple but I am having issues with it. I have 1 landing page I created and host 5 times, once for each sales person with a different URL, so I know where leads come from and who gets credit for them. Each pages formmail sends the leads email to a different email address, making keeping track of everything simple.

Here is my question. On my dashboard, under pages, I have all the pages with the same title. If I change the title, it changes the title on the actual web page people see, which I dont want. How do I change the title JUST ON THE DASHBOARD so I know which page I am working on?

Thanks.

2. hedge15

3. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

4. hedge15

www.altcapusa.com/hm , http://altcapusa.com/hardmoney & www.altcapusa.com/hm1 are the same web pages with 2 exceptions
    1 - The form mail is sent to different email addresses
    2 - The URL of the page is obviously different

This lets me track what clients came from which salesmen. If you look at the screen shot of my dashboard, all 3 are titled "Hard Money." I want to change the dashboard names of the pages from 'Hard Money' to match the designated URL (HM, HM1, ETC) without changing anything to the actual web page. Help please. dashboard.PNG

5. hedge15

I tried to send you the post with the links as you requested but since I have fewer than 30 posts, it deleted my post because it had links, even though you’re an admin.

So I attached the links and gif in to a PDF to this post. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

6. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

7. yankov1984