Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Free Advertising

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Mihaela12, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Mihaela12

Facebook is a great place to advertise your stuff for free too, besides the paid methods you can advertise on Facebook thru the Facebook Groups, make your Facebook Page about the thing that you're advertising and make some Facebook Profiles just for advertising. Do you use those methods if not do you plan to now? And if yes what's your experience with that?

2. Jacob

I have made a Facebook page and have advertised it through Facebook Ads. I got decent results out of it and was satisfied. The only problem was that I didn't keep up with it. If I would have kept up with it then I'm sure my results would have turned out much better.

3. goodreplays

I have never though of that. Thank you for the useful information! I will see this further when I wake up tomorrow, I am bout to go to sleep. It should be great because I like to use social media websites, especially to help out people interested in my blog!

4. zergeous

I have to agree with OP, Facebook is actually a great way to advertise your pruduct or website as long as you've got a somewhat big Facebook page / group. If you've got a Facebook page which is very inactive or with a lot of inactive "likers", then it's not a very good way to advertise either.

I've not tried Facebooks advertising platform though, I've heard that they cheat on their publishers by adding "fake" likes to their pages.

5. jonjacob

My suggestion, coming from a lot of the social media marketers I have talked to is, "don't try to sell your product on social media", instead try to build the brand or the following of your brand. What you want from this type of advertising isn't sales, but a base of support, and a network. It isn't the traditional clickthrough/purchase model of figuring out success.

6. calicer1996

Yes, I have tried facebook for advertising before. But it is only limited to my friends and not to the general public. It is effective but not on a very large audience.

7. Manoj

I didn't try paid advrt yet in Facebook

8. riyasin123

Not only facebook all social networking web site are best for get the traffic like twitter, digg, pinterest, stumbleupon,linkedIn

9. tournique

Social networks are the key to gain more traffic. The spread and coverage of them makes it very easy to reach your targeted audience. Make most of it while you can ;) !

10. DTracy3

I have always had trouble using facebook to grow a followers. I have to admit that I haven't tried their using their add system yet, but that's basically the only way of that I know of to get more Likes. Anyone has any other tips on how to get more out of fb?

11. tournique

@DTracy3 make sure you have a wide circle of friends. Join groups and advertise your blogs there. Also don't just post the link to the blog, try to create a bait text to increase the curiosity.

12. zenfive

I'm currently using Facebook advertising for a entrepreneurship conference page and it's quite good, the analytics they provide are very detailed too, such as positive and negative feedback, how many people actually clicked on the post (or the link in the post). The benefit that you can get out of it obviously also depends on how much you're spending on boosting your posts, but it's also important that you have good content that attracts users so you maximize your potential from advertising.

13. tournique

How much have you invested to gain optimal results? Also what was your demographic?

14. zenfive

It hasn't been a constant amount for all posts, we have boosted some posts ($5), and the current reach from this is around 2300-6000 people, we are aiming at young people, mainly from around Europe. We boost the posts which we feel are most crucial, such as announcing big event partners (recently managed to get Microsoft on board), and when advertising event ticket sales etc.

15. tournique

That sounds great and didn't seem like you invested a lot. Definitely worth trying though!

16. zenfive

Yeah it's not that big of an investment and seems to give pretty good results. However the post reach doesn't always stay the same. So depending on the post type, you might be able to reach more people with the same amount of money.

17. Khurram Shahzad

Hi there,
    1) I usually do not use paid advertisement. But I mostly post on my friend's wall.
    2) I post on different social bookmarking sites and link that post to my Facebook account.
    3) Another professional way is that worked is you search for the groups and pages related to your product and post on them.

18. Internetum01

I use paid advert on Facebook to advertise my brand and I am very satisfied with the results.
    Now it may seem like we are just looking for people to like our page or post but the truth is what we get is the high click thrus.
    The most people go to our site, the higher our google ranking will be, and in the end our site gets to the first page of google results.

19. VinayaSpeaks

I have been using Facebook as a promotion and marketing platform since a long time. I am active on numerous faceook groups, I moderate couple of groups on facebook and I have four facebook pages. I have use facebook's free advertising feature as well as paid advertising. sadly, I did not have a great success with my paid facebook campaign.

20. swalia

I have been using Facebook as a promotional tool since a long time. I have almost three thousand friends on Facebook and I am a member of several Facebook groups. I also have two Facebook pages - one for my blog and the other one for my astrology services. I get a decent traffic to my blog from the posts I share on Facebook.