Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain mapping on Wordpress

Discussion in 'Starting a (WordPress) Website' started by Raymond, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Raymond

2. american

3. swalia

4. PeggyCarter

The last time I used Wordpress hosting instead of self-hosting and bought a domain through them it was because they refused to let me use my own domain that I'd purchased at NameCheap. I have no idea if that's still the case but I wouldn't go with Wordpress, anyway, just because they have a real issue with anyone doing things like putting ads on their blogs or using them to make money.

I know there was an issue a few years ago with them kicking back at anyone doing paid posts or having links to stores. Once again, this is years ago so who knows.

If you're not concerned with making money, though, I don't see much issue with buying your domain through them. Unless you get the urge to move away from Wordpress hosting, in which case I think there's a fee to release your domain, isn't there? Generally my advice is just never buy your domain and hosting in the same place.