Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you still worry about where your keywords are in the text?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by JulianWilliams, Jan 23, 2016.

1. JulianWilliams

I still put all my keywords in the first paragraph of the text and from my experience the posts written that way perform better in the search results. Is that really the case or am I just seeing what I want to see? What are your experiences regarding this issue?

2. betcatalog

Not playing this particular role, but if possible it is good to put the key word in the first paragraph :)

3. VinayaSpeaks

Keywords should appear on the title and the body. I always make sure that my title is the search term or keywords and I also use keywords on the body of the article. However, I don't care where keywords are placed.

4. OhioTom76

I think it's still good practice to have some of your target keywords in the opening paragraphs and in the title. For one thing, with the title in particular, Google automatically bolds any words in your title and description in the SERPs that happen to be in the users' search query. So if you didn't have any of those words in the title, you are missing out on that benefit. Bolded words in SERP listings as well as in pay per click ads pretty consistently improves click through rates since it makes your listing stand out from others on the page. Google also takes into consideration what content is "above the fold", so if you have too much other stuff ahead of your primary content where the keywords would be, the further down the page the content is, the less weight it gets in terms of relevancy. Some people take it a bit far though and make sure the words not only appear in the first paragraph, but also in the very first sentence. Then they bold and sometimes also italicize the word for even more emphasis. This looks rather spammy to me, especially to a real visitor.

5. rz3300

I was always told that it was best to get the keywords in as early and as much as possible. Of course it has to be in some sort of context and you cannot just go repeating the words over and over, although I have seen some sites that seem to pretty much try everything but that, but if you are smart you can really make it work to your advantage and get the most out of your content.

6. johnniewalk

It doesn't matter where your keywords is been inserted, many of them lose their uniqueness of the content because to insert the targeted keyword. Yes keywords should been inserted but it should not lose the uniqueness of the content.

7. MacMariner

Keywords? Not really... more focus on headlines, images and valuable content. :)

8. Paul Stanely

Try to put your main keyword in the first or second line of the first paragraph in any post and also make sure that your main keyword is appearing in the Title of the post. This technique will be more useful.

9. Jeremie

From a Technical SEO standpoint... Keyword in the headline is important, URL structure with the keyword is important, and keyword density throughout the article is important. Keyword density is important because it basically tells the search engines that your article really IS about your keyword. So it's not as much a matter of WHERE it is placed as much as it is HOW OFTEN. It needs to be used in context enough to be picked up on but not so much that it is obvious and "spammy". A good percentage is 5-8% maximum. Using long tail keywords helps diversify and get the point across. Using the keywords contextually in media Alt Text is a huge opportunity as well. Just remember... CONTEXT is everything.

10. jackluter

The keyword should be inserted from the beginning of the content itself and also to be used as headlines and ALT tags in images.

11. Dipika13

Keyword should be inserted on your title