Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do social media links help our SEO efforts?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by JulianWilliams, Jan 25, 2016.

1. JulianWilliams

What are your experiences regarding this issue? Is it worth trying to get social media links? Do places like Reddit get a lot of weight from search engines? Are facebook posts even indexed by Google?

2. rikshaw

You can achieve tons of backlinks from social media, although those are nofollow. But you will have some domain authority comparing your site traffic. Yeah it still works for Search Engines.
    Google can index:
    a limited view of Facebook user profiles, fan pages, including user posts, Facebook comments left on third-party sites.

3. JulianWilliams

Great stuff, thanks. Does the value of back links from social media accounts dependent on how many followers or fans they have? I mean will google give more weight to a link from a twitter account with 50k followers than a link from an account with 300 followers?

4. swalia

I don't have much idea about it. But I use social media a lot for promoting my blog. I have found that sharing a post on Google plus has more advantage than the rest. Some of my posts which I shared on Google Plus show up in the first page itself during Google search.

5. VinayaSpeaks

Google does not give a damn on your social media sharing. However, if you share on G + Google case a lot, It will show in the search results who +1 the article.

6. Raymond_

yes social media still works, if you use right channel lots of traffic you can get and yes google can index from it but it have to be quality amount of visit from social users.

7. 123andrew

Yes it do help, with help of social media one can drive many traffic to a website though these links are No-follow but will help to maintain a good domain authority.

8. johnniewalk

Yes social media helps to get a good traffic for the website as well it increase more visibility, In the seo purpose social media posting also workable

9. williamjohn

Social media increase traffic to your website. This leads to improve in keywords ranking.

10. Dipika13

social media site it helps to achieve your target

11. Paul Stanely

Social media can only help you to drive the traffic on your website and i don't think it helps to improve the ranks of your website on Google.

12. kathy Johnson

Social signals are not part of ranking efforts anymore. I have read an article of Matt Cutts in which said: "Google won’t use a signal to influence its search rankings unless they have high confidence in the meaning of that signal."