Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't change "From" field in Form e-mail notifications

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & How-To's' started by ashepca, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ashepca

I'm totally new to WordPress. A client has asked me to help them with their website - I was not involved with the set up at all.

They have several forms on their website. Currently, when a visitor submits a form, an e-mail is sent to my client's e-mail address. The e-mail says it is from "Joe's" email address. "Joe" is the guy who set up their website - but no longer works for them.

I'm trying to change it so that the e-mails no longer say the e-mail comes from "Joe" but that it comes from the client's company e-mail address, or even that it comes from WordPress would be fine.

In WordPress WP-admin, I select "Forms" from the left menu, then under one of the forms listed I select "Settings", then "Form Actions", then I open the "Email Notification". I can change the e-mail in the "To:" field successfully, say to my e-mail - and then the submitted form info is e-mailed to me. So I tried changing the "From" field - but it doesn't work - no matter what I put in that field - the From field in the received e-mail still says Joe's email.

I've tried clearing the cache, reloading everything, waiting a few days trying again, and still nothing.

I've looked everywhere else in WP-admin. I deleted Joe from the list of Users. I also changed the email in "Settings/General/e-mail" - which had been Joe but it's now the client's e-mail address. None of this made any difference.

I can't find anywhere else Joe is mentioned. I checked the HTML code as well - and he's not in there either.

If it is helpful, it looks like Formidable was used to generate the forms. When I look under "Forms", "Global Settings", "General" - there is a "Formidable Forms License" tab which says "Formidable Pro" is installed.

Any ideas? I would be very grateful.

Thank-you,
    Andrew

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

what plugin do you use for contact form?
    Regards

3. ashepca

Looks like they used "Formidable"

WPhelp likes this.
  4. WPhelp

5. ashepca

Thanks. I've already done that. It seems there is bug then - because I have followed the instructions - and it's not working.

6. WPhelp

did you try with theirs support?

7. Dan Jordan

Hey Andrew,

Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the form settings and the notification settings? Just to double check some things?

Cheers,
    Dan

8. ashepca

It seems to be a free account - so I don't think there is any support - if you mean someone I can speak to online or the phone. but if I am wrong and you know there is support available to me - can you point me to where I can find that help?

9. ashepca

upload_2017-3-1_12-9-42.png

upload_2017-3-1_12-11-35.png

Hope these are the screens you wanted to see. Any help is appreciated.

You can see I've changed the admin e-mail address on the general settings page to be "info at connect...." which is the e-mail address I want the email notifications to say they come from.

And on the e-mail notification the from field is currently set to use the admin email. What is there is the default text that is created by WP when you create the email notification. But I've also tried it by changing that field to simply be the actual email address "info at connect....."

Thanks,
    Andrew

WPhelp likes this.